- Seabed and sub-seabed mapping equipment we regularly use includes:
- Geometrics magnetometers
- Marine Magnetics seaSPY
- C-MAX Side Scan Sonar systems
- Edgetech Side Scan Sonars
- GeoAcoustics GeoPulse and GeoChirp sub-bottom profiling systems
- Innomar SES range of parametric echo sounder / sub-bottom profilers
- Single beam echo sounders.
Equipment we use to support our projects includes:
- IXSEA Octans gyro and motion sensor
- TSS motion sensors
- S G Brown (Meridian) Gyrocompass
- Flux gate compasses.
Uncorrected GPS systems will generally provide an accuracy of 10m to 15m when positions are taken on the fly. Several methods are available to augment (correct) the raw GPS signal allowing centimetric accuracies to be achieved. The cost of
these corrections can range from no charge, to hundreds of dollars per day. We can advise on the use of the following systems:
- Veripos Satellite Based Augmentation (SBAS) GPS systems
- C-Nav SBAS GPS Systems
- Hemisphere, Trimble and Sokkia GPS systems utilising SBAS, differential beacons (where available) or base stations
- Garmin systems.
We utilise Hypack acquisition and processing software in addition to proprietary software and GIS packages. Bathymetric surveys can be done to comply with IHO Order 1 standards where required.
In most cases we are able to undertake equipment installation onto your vessel or vessels of opportunity. In rare cases where this is not the case we can bring in specialist engineers to assist.